We are Registered Tax Agents, both as a business and individually, being the only people allowed to prepare and lodge your tax obligations for you.
Our Team also includes Chartered Accountants and CPAs which requires extensive tax training and expertise as part of the qualification as well as ongoing professional development.
And our Team includes Chartered Tax Advisers, the world’s number one tax credential from Australia’s pre-eminent tax professional body, the Tax Institute of Australia.
As you can see our bread and butter is tax and tax advice.
While there are many other facets to business and wealth building, tax tends to take a majority of the headlines and is the issue most clients are most interest in (or interested in minimising).
And, you may think, strangely enough, it is an area in which we thoroughly enjoy the problem solving, as we seek out ways to get the best results for our clients.
The effective return on investment for our clients is also substantial and can make a huge difference to their long-term wealth, particularly if proactive minimisation is implemented on an ongoing basis over time.
Remember, the Australian tax system is a “self-assessment system”. Which means when you lodge your tax obligations, you are providing a legally binding personal certification and assurance that what you have lodge is correct and prepared in accordance with the law.
AND in the first instance, the ATO take you at your word and consider your return correct.
Investigations into your affairs, if they come, will generally come later down the track. Often after more data has been collected about you, your industry, related transactions and the like. In most cases the ATO have 4 years to investigate, in many cases, they can go back as far as they like.
What this means is that by the time the ATO comes to review and assess how accurate your report was, you may have become complacent, feeling “you got away with something”.
Worse, you may have since done it again and again.
And that is not to mention the passage of time, which is an amended assessment occurs, means interest will have accrued on any shortfall in payment over all that time.
What it means is that it rarely pays to just “take the risk” or to stick your head in the sand and ignore the correct treatment of a particular transaction.
Instead, make sure you have formal, personalised advice so you know you are getting things right and you aren’t left with lingering doubts hanging over your head for years to come.
More about Accounting & Tax
- Starting or Buying a Business
- Business Idea Evaluation
- Buying a Business
- Business Purchase Price Assessment
- Business Structure Advice
- Tax Planning Strategies
- Asset Protection Strategies
- Business Structure Establishment
- Tax Registration Advice and Implementation
- Business Name Registration
- Business Owner Agreements (ie. Shareholder Agreements, etc)
- Business Due Diligence
- Business Start Up Advice
- New Business Budgeting
- New Business Cash Flow Forecasting
- Business Plans
- New Business Finance Application Structuring & Assistance
- Accounting System Establishment and Training
- Running and Growing Your Business
- Business Accounting & Tax Services
- Tax Minimisation & Year End Tax Planning
- Bookkeeping & Data Entry
- Business Activity Statements
- Payroll Services
- Superannuation Management & Reporting
- Fringe Benefits Tax
- Payroll Tax
- Management Reporting
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Corporate Secretarial (ASIC Compliance)
- Trust Distributions
- Tax Advice
- Goods & Services Tax Advice
- Accounting Software Solutions
- Business Acquisitions
- Entry of New Business Partners/Owners
- Exit of Business Partners/Owners
- Finance Application Assistance
- ATO Relationship Management (including ATO Audit Support)
- Accountants Letter of Support
- Selling, Exiting and/or Leaving a Legacy
Let's get together and talk...
We would love to meet up and discuss how we can help moving forward, coffees on us and of course there is no cost for an initial chat so don’t put it off any longer.