Something many business owners, even experienced owners, struggle to understand, is that there is a big difference between making a profit and having an adequate cash flow to allow your business to function properly.
A budget addresses profitability, a cash flow forecast looks at the timing of cash coming in and going out.
One of the biggest causes of business failure is insufficient cash. You can absolutely be making a profit, but still, go out of business due to a cash shortfall.
Cash is the oxygen of a business, without it, it can’t survive.
A cash flow forecast will help you understand the peaks and troughs you will experience in your cash balance. It also provides an understanding of just how much working capital you will need to inject into, and then retain in, your business in order for it to meet its requirements.
More about Accounting & Tax
- Starting or Buying a Business
- Business Idea Evaluation
- Buying a Business
- Business Purchase Price Assessment
- Business Structure Advice
- Tax Planning Strategies
- Asset Protection Strategies
- Business Structure Establishment
- Tax Registration Advice and Implementation
- Business Name Registration
- Business Owner Agreements (ie. Shareholder Agreements, etc)
- Business Due Diligence
- Business Start Up Advice
- New Business Budgeting
- New Business Cash Flow Forecasting
- Business Plans
- New Business Finance Application Structuring & Assistance
- Accounting System Establishment and Training
- Running and Growing Your Business
- Business Accounting & Tax Services
- Tax Minimisation & Year End Tax Planning
- Bookkeeping & Data Entry
- Business Activity Statements
- Payroll Services
- Superannuation Management & Reporting
- Fringe Benefits Tax
- Payroll Tax
- Management Reporting
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Corporate Secretarial (ASIC Compliance)
- Trust Distributions
- Tax Advice
- Goods & Services Tax Advice
- Accounting Software Solutions
- Business Acquisitions
- Entry of New Business Partners/Owners
- Exit of Business Partners/Owners
- Finance Application Assistance
- ATO Relationship Management (including ATO Audit Support)
- Accountants Letter of Support
- Selling, Exiting and/or Leaving a Legacy
Let's get together and talk...
We would love to meet up and discuss how we can help moving forward, coffees on us and of course there is no cost for an initial chat so don’t put it off any longer.