Obtaining an ABN and requesting the various other tax registrations is relatively straightforward.
But there are still tricks and traps.
You need to ensure you complete the applications correctly, especially your ABN application.
Because they form the basis of how you are classified at the ATO and other Government agencies from that day forward. And your answers will play a big roll in determining how the ATO will measure your reporting and potentially determine when and if you will be selected for audits or other further analysis.
The registrations you need to consider include –
- Your ABN, including which entities in your structure are entitled to one, and which are not
- Tax File Numbers (“TFNs”)
- Goods & Services Tax (“GST”) Registration, including which entities should be registered, what basis to lodge on and what frequency
- Pay As You Go Withholding (“PAYGW”) including frequency of reporting
- Payroll Tax.
More about Accounting & Tax
- Starting or Buying a Business
- Business Idea Evaluation
- Buying a Business
- Business Purchase Price Assessment
- Business Structure Advice
- Tax Planning Strategies
- Asset Protection Strategies
- Business Structure Establishment
- Tax Registration Advice and Implementation
- Business Name Registration
- Business Owner Agreements (ie. Shareholder Agreements, etc)
- Business Due Diligence
- Business Start Up Advice
- New Business Budgeting
- New Business Cash Flow Forecasting
- Business Plans
- New Business Finance Application Structuring & Assistance
- Accounting System Establishment and Training
- Running and Growing Your Business
- Business Accounting & Tax Services
- Tax Minimisation & Year End Tax Planning
- Bookkeeping & Data Entry
- Business Activity Statements
- Payroll Services
- Superannuation Management & Reporting
- Fringe Benefits Tax
- Payroll Tax
- Management Reporting
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Corporate Secretarial (ASIC Compliance)
- Trust Distributions
- Tax Advice
- Goods & Services Tax Advice
- Accounting Software Solutions
- Business Acquisitions
- Entry of New Business Partners/Owners
- Exit of Business Partners/Owners
- Finance Application Assistance
- ATO Relationship Management (including ATO Audit Support)
- Accountants Letter of Support
- Selling, Exiting and/or Leaving a Legacy
Let's get together and talk...
We would love to meet up and discuss how we can help moving forward, coffees on us and of course there is no cost for an initial chat so don’t put it off any longer.