The first thing we will ask you is –
“Are we planning to succeed, or are we planning to fail?”
Because we don’t want to assist you to proceed with a business venture, taking on risks, incurring costs, if you aren’t actually confident you can succeed.
But if you are, then we will go all out to help you succeed and then when you do, enjoy the spoils.
Having said that, we will always be mindful of the fact that things do still go wrong in business. No matter how good the business is, no matter how good a business person you are, sometimes things just don’t work out for all manner of reasons.
And if you are unlucky enough to find yourself in that situation, you want to know your structure and business processes have been established in a way to provide the best chance that your failed venture doesn’t absorb all of your hard earned, long-term wealth.
Now when it comes to asset protection, no one can ever give you a 100% assurance a strategy will be watertight. The truth is, the bankruptcy and liquidation laws have mechanisms that specifically get around many overt attempts to defeat Creditors.
Plus there will be transactions and deals you will enter over time that may eat into your defences. Each time you will evaluate the risks, and you will make a commercial decision as to the best way to go, but you can be certain, there will be times your guard will need to be let down, in order to get what you need.
That is why an asset protection strategy needs to start as early as possible. Ensuring any specific matters undertaken to assist with asset protection can’t be directly tied to an effort to defeat a known Creditor.
Similarly, asset protection is all about building barriers.
While no single barrier is likely to ever be able to guarantee 100% protection, each barrier combined with the next, established over time, enhances your ability to protect your hard earned long-term wealth.
More about Accounting & Tax
- Starting or Buying a Business
- Business Idea Evaluation
- Buying a Business
- Business Purchase Price Assessment
- Business Structure Advice
- Tax Planning Strategies
- Asset Protection Strategies
- Business Structure Establishment
- Tax Registration Advice and Implementation
- Business Name Registration
- Business Owner Agreements (ie. Shareholder Agreements, etc)
- Business Due Diligence
- Business Start Up Advice
- New Business Budgeting
- New Business Cash Flow Forecasting
- Business Plans
- New Business Finance Application Structuring & Assistance
- Accounting System Establishment and Training
- Running and Growing Your Business
- Business Accounting & Tax Services
- Tax Minimisation & Year End Tax Planning
- Bookkeeping & Data Entry
- Business Activity Statements
- Payroll Services
- Superannuation Management & Reporting
- Fringe Benefits Tax
- Payroll Tax
- Management Reporting
- Cash Flow Forecasting
- Corporate Secretarial (ASIC Compliance)
- Trust Distributions
- Tax Advice
- Goods & Services Tax Advice
- Accounting Software Solutions
- Business Acquisitions
- Entry of New Business Partners/Owners
- Exit of Business Partners/Owners
- Finance Application Assistance
- ATO Relationship Management (including ATO Audit Support)
- Accountants Letter of Support
- Selling, Exiting and/or Leaving a Legacy